Pesto Pasta!

16 September 2012
Last week I dove into cooking for a few days because well I really felt like cooking so why not!? I'm going to start with the pasta for Tuesday's dinner. It was a roasted red pepper and basil pesto penne.


Doesn't it look delish!?

I actually was hoping for a better pasta but this is because I don't like pesto! Yes I know you're thinking why did you make a pesto dish when you don't like it Brittany? Answer I was making sure I didn't like pesto because I haven't had it for a long time! And I was hoping the roasted tomatoes would take away from some of the pesto taste. It doesn't! I liked it okay but I would not make again since I didn't really like it but everyone else did! Mom and Erica really liked it because they loved pesto and Dad liked it too which was great since it would have been a downer if no one liked it! I'm okay when it is just me who doesn't like something I make (yes I have done this more than once). This is an easy pasta to make, I roasted my own red peppers for this recipe because I couldn't find any jarred tomatoes and it was really easy. Just set your oven on broil, line a baking pan with foil, cut peppers in half and put them in the oven until the skins are blistered and blackened, the skins will come right off for you! You do have to make your pesto but again it is really easy so don't feel like you can't make this dish because of that, you have a food processor you can do this! Quick meal even if you have to start it after work! If you like pesto this is a dish you should make :)

xo

No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)