Taste of Tuesday with Ashley and Jessica!

17 September 2013
Good Morning my lovelies! I hope you all had a great weekend and Monday! Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I just did not feel like it! I actually sat down twice to type up a post and it just didn't happen. I'm hoping what I have planned for the rest of week makes up for it :)

It is Tuesday and that means it is time for Taste of Tuesday with Ashley and Jessica! Since I had the biggest zucchini of life the other week I have another zucchini recipe for you! This is for muffins and they are delish! I actually plan on getting another zucchini and make more of them. I have to find a much smaller zucchini though! 

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Carrot Zucchini Muffins! This recipe comes from Yellow Bliss Road(click here to visit the blog). I haven't gone through more of her blog but it looks like a great one and I know I will go back for this recipe and check out more. These muffins are moist, tasty and pretty easy to make! The hardest thing is grated up the zucchini! This recipe calls for raisins  which are delicious in it but also I would try adding nuts and/or pineapple bits! Everyone that tried these muffins really enjoyed them!

Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs + 1 large egg white
3/4 cup oil
1 cup grated zuchini
1 cup grated carrot
3/4 cup raisins

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir in grated zucchini and carrots. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
  • Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for approx. 25 minutes. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean.



3 comments

  1. YUM! These sound delicious! I was literally trying to think of something to make with Zucchini or carrots on Saturday! This is perfect! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love zucchini bread... this is a great way to have that but to-go :) sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sound so good!! Never thought to combine carrots with zucchini! Thanks for linking up with Jess and me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)