Make It Yourself Monday!

08 September 2014
We are starting the week off on the right foot folks! Fingers crossed I can keep this up :) In case any of you are wondering I had a great first week back at school. We mainly were just getting back into the groove of things so this week will really be back to school. I know some you really want/like knowing about what I'm doing in school and how it is going so I plan to post updates about school mainly on Friday :)

Anyways, lets get into today's post which is a baking post! I won't lie to you but I made these cookies back in July thinking I would post about them before now but alas I haven't posted about them. They are probably one of my new favorite cookies! This is why I haven't made them since I first made them because they are so darn good! They are red velvet cookies and boy are they yummy! They are not that hard either it is just the waiting that makes them kind of annoying to bake. That being said they are totally worth it!

I found this recipe at Gonna Want Seconds (Pinterest to start). Check out Kathleen's site for more yummy recipes!

Ingredients

2 1/4 Cups - Flour
1/3 Cup - Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons - Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon - Salt
1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter, Softened
2 Ounces - Cream Cheese, Softened
1 1/2 Cup - Sugar
2 - Eggs, Large
2 Teaspoons - Red Food Color
1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup - Powder Sugar



Directions
1.In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy; a couple of minutes. Add eggs, food color and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gentle fold half the flour and cocoa mixture to the egg mixture until just incorporated, then fold in second half the same way. Place dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

3.Prehat oven to 350°F.

4. Form dough into 1 1/2 Tablespoon balls. Roll dough balls in powdered sugar and place on silpat lined cookie sheets.
5. Bake cookies in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for approximately 15 minutes then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.

6. Try and not eat them all! So yummy!





2 comments

  1. These look AMAZING Britt! I will be trying them out ASAP!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, Brittany! Love your baking/kitchen posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)